[Tagging] tagging single trees

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Fri Sep 10 20:20:59 BST 2010

John F. Eldredge wrote:
> He noted earlier in the thread that the bot is tagging any tree that is within 50 meters of another tree as denotation=cluster.
> The wiki says to use this notation for trees that are not single trees, but does not specify what distance distinguishes a single tree from a cluster of trees.

The wiki only says this since Nop added that tag to the
"Tag:natural=tree" page today.[1]

>From the information available to me, it seems as if the tag was
invented and mass tagged (using a script) by the same person, in the
same day, without even an attempt to reach consensus that this mass edit
should be performed.

For the record, I think that the denotation=cluster tag is a bad idea.
It's vague, overlaps with the other values of denotation and doesn't add
any information that wasn't there before.

Tobias Knerr

[1]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=DE%3ATag%3Anatural%3Dtree&action=historysubmit&diff=530483&oldid=529909

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag%3Anatural%3Dtree&action=historysubmit&diff=530482&oldid=528386