[Tagging] tagging single trees

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Sat Sep 11 17:06:30 BST 2010

Nop,
Thanks for adding tags to trees in my locality.

I assume from the fixme tag (fixme = set better denotation)  on each
tree that you think I should be denoting something about the tree. I
added a type, a botanical name (name:botanical), I gathered the data
from a survey on the ground, oh yes, and it is definitely a tree.

You have added a denotation=cluster. Apart from the fact that denotation
is not a word I'd use, why does cluster come into it? I added a tree to
OSM. Nearby is another object, that also is a tree. They were planted
there to provide apples to the allotment holders. Are they an orchard?
No. Are they a wood, or a copse? No. Is the fact that they are close
together relevant? No. If I have the slightest interest in their
proximity to each other can I discern that from the geo-data? Yes.

Of course when you visited the site to see the trees you would have been
able to see all this, but wait - you didn't visit? You just arbitrarily
added tags to objects you've never visited? Tags that don't make sense
and other people have asked you to stop adding? How rude.

You have proved how skilful you are at automated edits, so please, use
these powerful skills to remove the graffiti you have added to so many
objects across the world.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly