[Tagging] trees and waterways

Pierre-Alain Dorange pdorange at mac.com
Sun Sep 12 17:29:11 BST 2010

Sam Vekemans
<acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the Canada canvec dataset, the map feature is available, and
> direction of the way was not taken into account.  So the tag
> 'oneway=yes' was not used as a preset.

oneway=yes has nothing to do with river flow, oneway indicate a legal
issue for transport (in river case it can apply to segment of a river
that is allowed for boat only in oneway).

If we really need a tag to indicate river flow, it can't be oneway.
And if we define a tag for flow, how would you define the direction,
what would be the reference ?

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange
OSM experiences : <http://www.leretourdelautruche.com/map/>