[Tagging] trees and waterways

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 09:51:04 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Pierre-Alain Dorange <pdorange at mac.com>wrote:

> Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > > Yes i understand, but own could you figure "flow=downstream" exist ?
> > > You must read a "manual" to know that.
> >
> > By noting its presence on an already-mapped waterway. And if you don't
> > know about it, at least you aren't doing anything wrong by leaving it
> > off.
>
> Thats a good point.

No, that's exactly the same as 'oneway=no' on two-ways roads. When the tag
is not present, we assume that the road is two ways. That's it. If it's
wrong, then fix it by adding the oneway tag.
It is the same for waterways and the direction of the way. If it's wrong,
then reverse the direction of the way with your prefered editor. We have
similar conventions for the coastline, we don't have/need a tag saying which
side is the land and which side is the water and nobody complains.

Pieren