[Tagging] sneaking in tags in the wiki

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:19:47 BST 2010

On 17 September 2010 01:16, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> with electricity not being "fuel" and actually IMHO not being helpful
> to be used in conjunction with petrol stations (amenity=fuel). Why
> don't we use charging station or something else for these? They have
> almost nothing in common with gas stations.

What is fueling locations just happen to also sell electricity for
eletric cars? How else would you describe this?

> Don't we use the proposal process any more? There are (according to a
> mail today on the German ML) until now 40 keys fuel:electricity in the
> database. Is this "well established" ?

The problem here is one of telling others what tags you are using, how
else will they become well established?

You made this point exactly, you claim it should be charging station
based on the assumption these locations only sell electricity, but do
you know that for a fact?