[Tagging] sneaking in tags in the wiki

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:52:45 BST 2010

2010/9/17 Matthias Meißer <digi_c at arcor.de>:
> If we 'allow' it to one user, we have to allow it everybody. How should this
> anarchy work fine? How should it guide newbies to point out what are the
> important and approved tags (for now)?

At present I can see 3 potential ways:

1) simply go by how much a tag is actually used and some how document
tags, rather than documenting on a wiki. The down side is this may
potentially lead to an edit war if there is 2 or more opposing views
as each side 'updates' the database to fit their view.
2) some kind of committee to vet ideas, they may not necessarily have
the last say, but at present some people think discussion should only
occur on the mailing list, on the wiki on the forum and so these
disparate groups aren't talking to each other on a common
communication platform.
3) stop trying to use names for keys and values and use numbers, this
avoids hangups over language at the very least.