[Tagging] musings on landuse

john at jfeldredge.com john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Sep 27 14:37:11 BST 2010

I would guess that a "tourist strip" would refer to a group of businesses that cater mainly to tourists, such as souvenir shops, rather than catering to local residents.  Since the two are sometimes intermingled, my preference would be to use an area tag such as retail_area, and then map the individual businesses.