[Tagging] musings on landuse

john at jfeldredge.com john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Sep 27 14:50:44 BST 2010

One issue with tagging a commercial parking lot as landuse=road is that it is generally legal to use a road as a through route, whereas you can be issued a traffic ticket for simply cutting across a parking lot without stopping.  Admittedly, this isn't always enforced.  In my experience, this tends to be enforced mostly if a land owner complains about his parking lot being used over-much as a roadway, interfering with its use for parking.