[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - social club

vclaw vclaw22 at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 27 15:54:56 BST 2010

On 27/09/2010 01:36, SomeoneElse wrote:
>    On 26/09/2010 23:35, vclaw wrote:
>> I have created a proposal for mapping social clubs, by tagging as
>> leisure=social_club.
>> See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/social_club
>>
> Not amenity=social_club?  That seems to be in more widespread use...

Only on a hundred objects or so, so not too significant. And these could
be changed if necessary. I don't know of any applications using
amenity=social_club, other than Nominatim.
And amenity=social_club isn't documented anywhere, so who knows what
anyone means when they used it...

There's some more comments about this on the talk page.