[Tagging] Re-organizing food "things"? (was: Re: amenity=ice_cream: approved?)

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 16:19:58 BST 2010

2010/9/27 Elena of Valhalla <elena.valhalla at gmail.com>:
> There was indeed some discussion on the italian mailing list, where
> they felt the need to distinguish between italian style "gelateria"
> and other kinds of ice cream sellers

and not only...

> this would give a space for regional variants such as
> food+drink=biergarten|gelateria|whatever_else, preventing the creation
> of additional amenities whose usage makes little sense out of a
> limited region

it would shift the problem from amenity to food+drink. You already can
tag stuff like it:gelateria, no matter what key you put it in.

> of course, we still have the problem with the tag name, since
> "food+drink" doesn't look quite right

if is probably not "good English", but I think it's quite appealing:
it is easily understandable by (almost) everyone, and it is very clear
what's the intention/what fits into it.

cheers,
Martin