[Tagging] operator and brand WAS: Re: community centres

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 18:56:10 BST 2010

2010/9/28 Sean Horgan <seanhorgan at gmail.com>:
> sounds good, no objections.

OK, as this is IMHO no real change, I put it in the wiki.

Now I realized something else:
according to the German ML for tagging certain objects 3 tags are useful:
name, operator, brand

e.g. a petrol station:
name would be the _name_ of the specific petrol station
operator would be the name of the company or person running this
specific station
brand would be the name of the chain, e.g. BP, Shell, etc.

Now looking at the wiki and getting this example:
    * tourism=hotel
    * name=Le Méridien Piccadilly (the name of the specific hotel)
    * operator=Le Méridien (the name of the company that runs the
hotel, and which maybe run other hotels too)

I notice a slightly different approach ;-)

any comments/opinions?

cheers,
Martin