[Tagging] shop=wedding_office

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 11:33:28 BST 2010

On 29 September 2010 13:58, Noel David Torres Taño <envite at rolamasao.org> wrote:
> AND I would search
> another name for "ceremonial", as a New Year's eve party has nothing to do
> with any kind of ceremony but it's probably the time where average women use
> their most high-end dresses except for their own weddings.

As a native English (well, New Zealand and Australian) speaker,
ceremonial sounds really wrong.  It brings up images of politicians in
weird native costumes, and judges in robes and wigs.  The term we'd
use is "formal" - it covers nice suits, tuxedos, ball gowns, cocktail
dresses etc. as well as wedding attire.  As opposed to "casual", which
is day to day wear.

See http://www.google.com.au/search?aq=1&oq=formal+hire&ie=UTF-8&q=formal+hire+brisbane
for some local examples of the shops I'm thinking of.

Stephen