[Tagging] Residential roads

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 09:52:25 BST 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably the simplest distinction is that various programs treat
> "unclassified" as a fast country road (eg, 100+kph), and "residential"
> as a quiet residential street (eg, 50-60kph). Take your pick.

Could you provide some examples of such "various programs" because this
distinction is new for me.
So it means that a slow speed road serving industrial or retail areas are
for you "residential roads" ? My definition of residential road is following
what says the wiki "for roads accessing or around residential areas",
indepently of the speed limits.

Pieren