[Tagging] access forbidden for tourist busses

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Wed Apr 13 00:59:36 BST 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 12:01 +0200, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> 2011/4/12 John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>:
>
> >> My first idea was "tourist_bus=no"
> >
> > Why not use access:*=* ?
>

> Usually we tag foot=no instead of access:foot=no, and I don't see why
> I should change this standard here.

To be fair, using that schema, we also tag ski, horse, vehicle,
bicycle, motorcycle, moped, motorcar, goods, hgv, psv, bus, taxi
snowmobile, emergency, hazmat, etc.  Surely it makes sense to have a
standard 'access' class key, rather than having 30 different keys?

Just because one method of tagging has more use than another, it doesnt
necessarily mean that its correct or the best way to do it, especially
in the situation of having dozens of access tags (which arent even
classed under access) with different meanings depending on their
context.  For example, access:emergency is quite different to
emergency=*, the former is obviously an access restriction/allowance,
the latter is usually used to tag individual emergency nodes such as
ambulance/SES stations or fire hoses.

David