[Tagging] convention for multiple maxspeed values

Mon Apr 25 03:27:57 BST 2011

At 2011-04-24 13:46, Richard Welty wrote:
>some highways have split max speed values, different
>for passenger cars and trucks. i don't see any provision
>for tagging this on the map features page.
>
>are there any existing proposals for dealing with this?
>
>if there aren't, i'd like to suggest something like
>
>maxspeed:hgv=50 mph
>maxspeed:goods=50 mph

I've been using maxspeed:hgv for a while. Also, some signs define what an
hgv is in terms of axles, so I add hgv:minaxles=3.

I also use:

maxspeed:towing
maxspeed:advisory (for the yellow cautionary speed signs for curves)
maxspeed:children_present (for "school zones")