[Tagging] convention for multiple maxspeed values

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:27:55 BST 2011

2011/4/25 David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au>:
> The signs I saw applied to
> trucks and buses though, more than just hgv/goods.  As Tobias said, your
> suggestion is suitable, Id add the suggestion of maxspeed:bus also.

"bus" in OSM is defined as a bus performing public transport service
[1]. I recently added "tourist_bus" as this was required for local
jurisdiction (I found an explicit sign: "tourist buses" [2]).

There is also another issue with busses: the wiki definition (in [1])
defines busses as vehicles with more than 12 seating positions, which
surely is some national legislation, but in other countries this
number might vary (e.g. in Germany it is 8) so I suggest to adjust
this text to a generic term.

cheers,
Martin

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bus