[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addr keys (2011-04)

Flaimo flaimo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 16:57:56 BST 2011

> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:51:14 +0100
> From: Jerry Clough : SK53 on OSM <SK53_osm at yahoo.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addr keys (2011-04)
>
> I suspect that there are too many local variants to handle.

in parts, that is also my optinion. that is why i didn't call it suite
or something like that, but also because of following reasons:

1) whats behind a door or entrance can be something else than just a suite
2) plain english words are also more easily understood by non native speakers
3) it doesn't favor the british or american way of naming things

if it gets approved i would suggest to put the different notations
used in each country in the description column of the addr wiki page
(or the localized version of the wiki page).

flaimo