[Tagging] convention for multiple maxspeed values

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Apr 26 13:15:13 BST 2011

On 4/26/2011 8:06 AM, Richard Welty wrote:
> for reference purposes, this changed sometime last summer, so
> Dominik used to be right.

   The "xx mph" format has been there ever since I remember (2009).
There was a mini edit war with someone trying to deprecate the "xx mph"
format and make all editors add interfaces to support a single format.
I guess that explains the extreme reluctance for map data consumers to
recognize the "mph" format.   To me as a layman, I don't see "xx mph" as
a difficult parse for map data consumers.