[Tagging] branch=* tag to specify the particular branch of a chain of stores/amenities

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 00:34:24 BST 2011

According to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:brand

    "The brand=* is a larger entity that a place advertises itself as part of"

Which means that you put "Burger King" or "Barclay's" or "McDonald's"
into the brand tag.

We put into the branch tag the branch name. Look at this webpage
listing the branches of Bank of the Philippine Islands in my city:
http://info.bpiexpressonline.com/bpiprod/bpibranch.nsf/Branches/BPI/Las+Pi%C3%B1as?OpenDocument

The branch names are those names in bold like "Almanza", "Almanza Uno
Las Piñas", and "SM Southmall Express Center". These branch names are
prominently displayed in the signboard of the bank outlet. So we put
"Bank of the Philippine Islands" into brand=* (or usually name=*) then
"Almanza" into branch=*.

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com