[Tagging] parking spaces limited to cars (no busses, trucks, etc.)

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 22:19:02 BST 2011

2011/4/30 Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>:
> And if you feel you need more classifications, here's a Wikipedia article on the EU classification:
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/EG-Fahrzeugklasse (seems there's no English version)

There is no English version of this, and it seems to deal only with
trailers and what we call "motor_vehicle". Many of the distinctions of
this scheme are not needed or useful for OSM.

Anyway, there is no class like "Kraftfahrzeug" in OSM, but you could
express it with a combination of the 2 tags motorcar plus motorcycle.

cheers,
Martin