[Tagging] How to tag destroyed stuff?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Tue Aug 9 03:18:44 BST 2011

On 8/8/11 10:06 PM, John Smith wrote:
> On 9 August 2011 11:51, Steve Bennett<stevagewp at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> There are two pedestrian/bicycle bridges in my area that were
>> destroyed by a storm earlier in the year. What's the best way to tag
>> them? Ideally, a renderer should be able to use the information to
>> draw a big red X or something - there's quite a difference IMHO
>> between absence of bridge and "there used to be a bridge, but it is
>> currently out of action".
> How is this fundementally different than any other disused bridge?

is their removal permanent, or are they to be rebuilt? if they are going
to be rebuilt in substantially the same place, i'd just set access=no
with a README=destroyed by storm 201y-mm-dd, to be rebuilt, ETA 201y-mm-dd

or something on that order. if they're gone and not going to be rebuilt,
just
remove them (as we're not good at historical data like this at present.)

richard