[Tagging] Entrance and exit roads for parking lots: `service=?`

Gioele Barabucci gioele at svario.it
Tue Aug 9 08:43:02 BST 2011

On 08/08/2011 06:53, Steve Bennett wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Simone Saviolo<simone.saviolo at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I agree on that too. Personally, I've been tagging them without any
>> additional tag, i.e., they're a plain highway=service to me.

I have updated the wiki page with that recommendation.

> Me too, but adding service=parking_entrance seems ok. Although it
> could be worth thinking about how to consistently tag all similar
> kinds of exits/entrances (eg, entrances/exits from bike paths,
> particularly when there is no distinction between an exit and an
> entrance).

Indeed, after I sent my first message, I found that there are many cases
of similar service roads that exist only to take you off the street and
lead you to something else: entrances/exits from caravan sites,
hospitals emergency areas, etc.

Should we propose something like `service=entrance`, `service=exit`
(oneway roads) and `service=access`?

Bye,

--
Gioele Barabucci <gioele at svario.it>