[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Charging station

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Aug 18 19:48:24 BST 2011

That's more like it!

Really what's critical here is no so much that it's a charging station,
but rather than the presence of the compatible plug.

And if you flip it around, each fuel type could start gathering other
important attributes:

     VDE-AR-E-2623-2-2:plug=yes
     VDE-AR-E-2623-2-2:cost=free
     VDE-AR-E-2623-2-2:stalls=10
     VDE-AR-E-2623-2-2:vertical_clearance=9ft
     diesel:fuel=yes
     diesel:vertical_clearance=17ft
     USB-Micro-B:plug=yes
     USB-Micro-B:cost=free
     USB-Micro-B:note=Located near the telephones

Thus you could have a parking lot or a toilet that offers charging....
in addition to the more common (and more likely to be shown on a map)
fueling or charging stations.

----

I would definitely vote no on the proposal until a standard dictionary
of fuel / charging plug types is kept.