[Tagging] Oneway except for buses

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Aug 18 19:58:42 BST 2011

On 08/17/2011 12:38 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 8/17/2011 3:11 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>> Thus I have sometimes mapped the contraflow as a separate short little
>> parallel bike path. It keeps the routers happy, even if it is not always
>> a perfect description of what's on the ground.
> Please don't do this unless there is an actual barrier between
> directions.

Often there is (such as a bollard or K-Rail).
Sometimes it is a double-yellow line.

Until the routers and mappers fully understand all the nuances of the
one way tags,
the extra way gets the job done.

>> The other common USA concept is "Do not enter (except bikes, buses)".
>> That's a turn restriction, not a travel restriction.
> Not necessarily; a do not enter is often coupled with a one-way.
I have not seen that very often.  In Berkeley CA USA for example a
vehicle exiting parking can travel
either way on the streets.  It is indeed only an entry restriction.

"Do not enter (except bikes, buses)" is a entry restriction.
"One way (except bikes)" is a travel restriction ("Do not enter" may
also be posted).