[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - man_made=billboard

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 09:52:00 BST 2011

2011/8/16 Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de>:
> Arthur Lutz wrote:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Billboard
>
> You should probably talk to the creator of
> http://wiki.osm.org/Proposed_features/advertising
>
> It proposes advertising=billboard (as well advertising=column etc.).
> Both tags would work, so I hope that you can find an agreement and join
> your proposals.

+1. I suggest to stick to the proposed advertising key and drop the
man_made billboard proposal, as it is less powerful. If you absolutely
want a value for an "established" key, you could add this with
man_made=advertising or amenity=advertising (but it would create
conflicts for some kind of advertisement features like
man_made=flagpole).

cheers,
Martin