[Tagging] Translating tags into the database itself ?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 03:10:00 BST 2011

2011/8/18 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:

> So, you blame my examples but you agree with my suggestion to remove
> the tags translations in the wiki.

I think that Tobias said this well above:
"species:de/en/... might be useful temporarily when someone doesn't know
the Latin name (although that's not hard - you can look them up in
Wikipedia). Ideally, this would become entirely unnecessary over time as
editors would offer localized presets for species tags."

I would not remove the language tag proposals but point out that the
latin version should be preferred. IMHO also the genus tag is
pointless if a species is already provided.

Cheers,
Martin