[Tagging] Is a sidewalk always adjacent to a traversable road?

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:44:31 BST 2011

On 8/25/2011 4:30 AM, Simone Saviolo wrote:
> - it is disputed whether to draw two ways where two lanes are divided by
> a traffic island

Really?

> Considering the above, I can hardly see how a crossing (either for
> pedestrians or cyclists or horsemen) would deserve its own way
> (especially a highway=*). The only "need" for it - and mind it, it seems
> quite a good point to have it IMHO - would be routing. For sure, if it
> seems fit to draw the way, it should not be a highway=footway (using
> pedestrians as an example).

Did you look at the link I gave? Can you explain how the crosswalk and
approaches is not a separate linear object on the ground?
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=orlando&hl=en&ll=28.535671,-81.374757&spn=0.001046,0.002575&gl=us&t=k&z=20&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=28.535671,-81.374757&panoid=DE6JLCTtWf6zny20lLARPw&cbp=12,188.61,,0,8.06