[Tagging] Request for comments on proposed tags for amenity=drinking_water

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Aug 26 00:17:38 BST 2011

On 08/25/2011 01:24 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 8/25/2011 4:17 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>> Does anyone have a problem with the use of level=X to imply indoor=yes?
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Drinking_water_attributes
>>

> It's possible that a fountain is on an upstairs porch.
Even better then.  To get there you must enter the building!

The map symbol for the fountain should thus be the "working fountain
inside building" symbol, rather than the "working fountain outside" symbol.

We're not sure about public vs. private here... the goal is a mobile
application that lets you find the nearest place you can actually drink
at, and many indoor sources will be insufficiently public.