[Tagging] Request for comments on proposed tags for amenity=drinking_water

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:23:45 BST 2011

2011/8/26 Mihkel Rämmel <rm87 at hot.ee>:
> repair=working/needs_repair/broken probably a better key would be something
> like state/condition because repair is currently used to indicate whether
> facility offers repairs for whatever they deal with (condition is also not
> good as it is used with roads and its typical values do not suit here).

I'd also like to comment on repair. In my area these drinking water
fountains usually have a tap to open / close and regulate the flow.
This is not accessible to the citizens (you need a special key to open
them up). Usually there is not much change in this (a fountain with a
strong flow might keep this for months until someone maybe changes
it). You as an ordinary "customer" do generally not have a possibility
to tell whether there is something broken or whether the tap is
closed.

We could use the somehow established disused=yes/no for this.

cheers,
Martin