[Tagging] [Imports] New module to merge-sort imports over time (osmfetch python)

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sat Aug 27 07:55:36 BST 2011

On 08/26/2011 02:04 PM, Vincent Pottier wrote:
> So why not rather use a sync:*=* tag ?
>
> The sync key is still not used (on taginfo Data from: 2011-08-26 00:00
> UTC). Write a proposal... I would approve.

For my conflation keys I chose (but am willing to change):
     source=osmfetch:xxxx
     source:pkey=yyyy
Where xxxx is the name of the exact flavor of osmfetch script.
And yyyy is the primary key from the source.

I moved to the changeset, based on comments, from the list:
        source:website=http://example.org/dataset.xml
        source:license=http://example.org/data_use_policy.html
        comment='semi-automated merge of dataset.xml into osm.
                 Keys copied from the source are: name, description,
count, operator
                 Keys deleted from osm are: counts, counter, counted,
Count, counttt'

-------
The conflation tagging can be changed at any time by simply running
another merge with the new conflation tags as master, and the old tags
on the delete list.