[Tagging] Another sidewalk question

Johan Jönsson johan.j at goteborg.cc
Sat Aug 27 09:22:45 BST 2011

Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at ...> writes:

> There's a piece of road here that recently got a sidewalk on the west
> side. But they didn't include a couple pieces where there's extra
> pavement on the side with diagonal lines to keep vehicles off. This is
> obviously meant as part of the sidewalk, but it's technically not one.
> How should it be tagged?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=orlando&hl=en&ll=28.535699,-81.405357&spn=0.002104,0.00515&gl=us&t=k&z=19&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=28.535699,-81.405357&panoid=z9EMHAwlFYXL81LOUKOedQ&cbp=12,200.63,,0,-1.41

I would not tag the white and black-striped area of the road as a sidewalk.
Whoever invented the black-white striping probably did not intend it to be a
designated pedestrian area, more something of a no drive zone, probably some
kind of safety issue concerning the joining roads.
/Johan Jönsson, Sweden-do not know anything about american sidewalks, really.