[Tagging] Request for comments on proposed tags for amenity=drinking_water

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 16:34:19 BST 2011

2011/8/27 Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>:
> On 08/26/2011 02:23 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> We could use the somehow established disused=yes/no for this.
> That's the goal of the free text field.  The mapper can say (probably from a
> mobile device)
>
>    condition=broken
>    condition:detail="Only a trickle of water comes out when I press the
> button"

usually we put "note" for notes to other mappers and "description" for
free text that might be given to end users.

> From the point of view of the thirsty person it matters not if the
> mechanical works busted or simply turned off.

sure, that's why "repair" is not suitable in my area: you can't tell
the reason and if its really broken. That's the reason for the
suggested
disused=yes/no

This tag is already in universal use in OSM. IMHO no reason to
reinvent the wheel.
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/disused#keys

cheers,
Martin