[Tagging] (no subject)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:48:57 GMT 2011

2011/12/5 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:
> Whether or not a hotel allows pets in their rooms ...
> is clearly not geodata.

isn't this almost the same as access-tags (OK, here we are speaking
about private space, while in OSM _most_ of the map refers to public
spaces)? Btw: he didn't tag "in the rooms", he tagged "in the hotel",
which might include other areas as well.

> How many en-suite rooms a hotel has and what they
> charge for an extra baby bed is NOT data that we want in OpenStreetMap. Who
> is going to notice and update OSM when they change their extra baby bed
> pricing. Are you?

I agree for prices, but I consider the amount of rooms quite stable
and interesting to have in OSM.

cheers,
Martin