[Tagging] (no subject)

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:36:23 GMT 2011

2011/12/6 Vincent Pottier <vpottier at gmail.com>

> Le 06/12/2011 10:43, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
>
>  2011/12/6 Jo<winfixit at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I'd use a polygon (amenity=hotel, etc.) for the whole complex, this
>>>>
>>> I get complaints if I start using polygons that way...
>>>

>> what kind of complaints? From the editor? Which tags?

I created this fuel station:

and got a complaint from a fellow mapper.

He didn't like this one either:

But maybe I put the tags in the wrong place.

JOSM complains with a:

 Style for outer way mismatches

Probably because it doesn't like buildings to be members of a multipolygon
relation.

>> cheers,
>> Martin
>>
> We use amenity=school in the same way, including buidings, sport
> equipment, playground...
> Why not for hotels ?

With a multipolygon or with a site relation? Can you show me a few examples
of schools mapped this way?

Jo