[Tagging] "by_appointment"

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sat Feb 5 22:20:38 GMT 2011

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 08:31:57 -0500
Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> We've not used any indication that an appointment is required for tags
> like amenity=doctors.  Can we just leave that be as it seems to have
> been presumed opening_hours:by_appointment=yes

On exactly this point, we have opening hours. During that time you can
walk in, obtain paperwork, see the reception staff. Within those
opening hours we have appointments to see doctors, nurses, other
professionals within the building. After hours we have opening by
arrangement.

This comes into the too complicated to put on the map stuff

Stick to opening_hours=by_appointment or opening_hours=by_arrangement,
phone=123456 and any complicated stuff should have an external
reference.