[Tagging] Pls explain?

Georg Feddern osm at bavarianmallet.de
Fri Feb 11 16:21:28 GMT 2011

Steve Doerr schrieb:
> On 11/02/2011 12:40, Steve Bennett wrote:
>
>> And, slightly more seriously, man_made=MDF - what's that about?
>
> MDF is medium-density fibreboard, so maybe they're tagging what the
> object is made of rather than what the object is?

Even if it is a single-user created and used key - at least it has a
Wiki page which could be found via search "MDF", unfortunately not
translated yet.
I do not know if it is used outside Germany in OSM - I did not look up.
It is used for "Main Distribution Frame" (for DSL - Digital Subscriber
Line).
Sven Geggus imported a list published by the german Telekom.
Well, ok, the value is not a really wise choice with an ambiguous
abbreviation ...

Georg