[Tagging] Barriers near roads

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 18:20:21 GMT 2011

2011/2/11 yarl at o2.pl <yarl at o2.pl>:
> Hi, I want to ask about two types of barrier:
> 1. noise barrier
> (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ekran-Akustyczny.jpg) - kind
> of wall near road, mostly motorway/trunk, sometimes transparent
> 2. crash barrier
> (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CrashBarrier.jpg) - low
> barrier from metal or concrete, you can jump over it
> IMO 1. should be sth like: barrier=wall + wall=noise_barrier. I don't
> know how to tag second one. Any suggestions?

yes, I agree, at least for the barrier=wall part. wall=noise_barrier
could maybe also be a different tag (something to group all kind of
noise reduction facilities).

2) I used to map as barrier=guard_rail

see also


More information about the Tagging mailing list