[Tagging] Counterflow Lanes

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:06:57 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if there's a benefit to being more specific than lanes=3 in

Note that there's already a reasonable amount of traffic simulation
being done based on OSM data. That work is dependent on the number of
lanes being accurate. We can try to contact the authors of MATSIM to
coordinate the tagging scheme with them. I think they want to know the
number of lanes open during rush hour, after everything has been taken
into account (reversible lanes, bus lanes etc).

Fortunately there aren't too many reversible lanes in most cities.