[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Let's put more wikipedia-tags in OSM WAS Re: [OSM-dev] Some Questions about the Collaboration of OpenStreetMap and Wikipedia

Zhijie Shen zjshen14 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 03:20:16 GMT 2011

Hi Andrzej,

What is the EPA hazards import? I'm not aware of it. Would you please give a
brief introduction or link?

I've written an automatic Wikipedia entry crawler, using name and coordinate
to retrieve the appropriate entry (there often exists "coord" section in
"infobox" or stand-alone in a Wikipedia entry content). I've described it in
another thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@openstreetmap.org/msg14211.html. Or you can
check my Wiki page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Zhijie_Shen.
Please have a look at it. I only use simple way to retrieve the Wikipedia
entries, but I believe there must be some more sophisticated information
retrieval methods.

Regards,
Zhijie

--