[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - sluice_gate

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Jan 3 20:33:18 GMT 2011

All the sluice gates I've seen are on the scale of 1m in opening size. A
quick google image search also seems to only turn up small gates. I suppose
there could be some large gates out there, so the proposal might need to
include ways or even areas.

As for riverbanks, the ones I've seen are near riverbanks, but not actually
on them. In the case of a sluice gate that is actually on the bank, you'd
have a node that is shared between the small waterway (waterway=ditch or
waterway=stream), the riverbank, and is tagged with waterway=sluice_gate