[Tagging] Airport subtypes

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 07:36:38 GMT 2011

  On 5/01/2011 4:58 AM, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
> Look at the ICAO classifications.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspace_class
That would work for airspace, but what about for airport classifications
themselves? I can't find anything on Wikipedia, other than individual
articles on "regional airport", "domestic airport" etc.

> Nonetheless I think the OSM classifications are good because they
> handle things that ICAO doesn't, like international flights.
Honestly, I think the use case of someone using OSM to determine whether
they can land an international flight at a given airport a bit of a
stretch. A far more likely use case is a renderer deciding whether or
not to render a given airport at a given zoom level.

Steve