[Tagging] Bus route question.

Dominik Mahrer (Teddy) teddy at teddy.ch
Thu Jan 6 13:07:32 GMT 2011

Conventionally this has been done with role alternate. But for more
complex problems (more then two variants) this can not be represented
correctly in OSM with only one route.

Currently under developement is a proposal
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Public_Transport
which recommends to create a route for every variant.

Already the older idea of Oxomoa recommended two relations:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Oxomoa/Public_transport_schema

Especially in central europe it is common practice to use a seperate
route for every variant.

Teddy