[Tagging] Thoughts on how to replace or modify an exist/established tag (Was: Feature Proposal - RFC - sluice_gate)

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 21:16:37 GMT 2011

On 7 January 2011 07:03, Simone Saviolo <simone.saviolo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure, but it's a matter of defining a line between "chaos" and "coordinated
> anarchy". It seems that many OSMers would not want to go any further than an
> anarchy, this may be ok, but for the data to be somehow useful (and not only
> a bunch of self-referential, self-glorifying material) coordination is
> needed.

+1

If you wanted true anarchy people would use datums other than WGS84,
it would also make the data pretty useless as a result.

If we can all agree on a datum, why can't the same be true for tags as well?

PS wikipedia claims WGS84 is only useful until 2010, anyone know what
we should be using instead?