[Tagging] Towing service?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 7 10:19:35 GMT 2011

Am 07.01.2011 03:26, schrieb Alan Mintz:
> I can't find a tag for the base of operations of a towing service - i.e.
> you call them to tow your broken car or truck to a repair shop. The
> basic definition would be a service that tows cars and other "light"
> vehicles. Truck and other heavy vehicle towing would be a separate
> option. I propose:
>
> shop=towing [+ hgv=yes]

For me, a shop would be to get in, buy something (or at least get some
service done) and go out. That's not the case here. A towing service
will get to your place to do something, much like the office of a
plumber (which in most cases also wouldn't "qualify" for a shop).

You might even won't be allowed to enter the area.

Different thing would be car repair or car rental, which is also doing
towing service, in these cases I simply would add towing_service=yes.

Regards, ULFL