[Tagging] Underground Waterways

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 19:25:32 GMT 2011

I am curious how others would tag this way:

This is a water feature that was imported as part of the NHD.  On this
particular stretch, the water is routed underground through a tunnel
to the lake.

I tried to add tunnel=culvert, but I think that waterway=canal is more
dominant and is causing the feature to be drawn as a surface water



PS.  Apologies if this shows up in duplicate.  I had unsubscribed from
tagging some time ago and sent the above message.  It has been stuck
in the moderation hopper for 24 hours, so I resubscribed and re-sent.

More information about the Tagging mailing list