[Tagging] outdoor nature bath

Johan Jönsson johan.j at goteborg.cc
Sun Jan 9 19:47:47 GMT 2011

Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at ...> writes:

> On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 15:48:32 +0100 (CET)
> Johan Jönsson <johan.j <at> goteborg.cc> wrote:
>
> > How about one tag for all of these places:
> >
> > leisure=bath
> >
> > With a bathing person as a symbol:
> > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1_9_2_24.svg
>
> To "bathe" and to "have a bath" are to close in English, and it has
> caught you too.
>
> leisure=swim is unambiguous
>
> have a bath is to get clean with soap and hot water
> bathe is to go for a dip in the water for fun

Thank you Elizabeth, I did not know the difference between bathe and bath.

The key: "leisure" is considered a physical key, I think it is supposed to be a
place and not an activity.

My thoughts have been on a physical tag like leisure=bathing_area,
leisure=public_bath or just simply leisure=bath. The later one would be a tag
for all kind of bathing facilities, both outdoor and indoor. Maybe the noun
"bath" isn´t a good one, it might imply some kind of building or pool.