[Tagging] boundary=town, place=town

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 05:26:39 GMT 2011

On 10 January 2011 09:29, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, that's very interesting - I didn't think of that. Australian towns
> tend to be very far apart, so the boundary of two *towns* rarely meet.
> (Other administrative boundaries, "shires", do...)

There are suburb boundaries gazetted for most of Australia, the
exception being unincorporated areas, and these do touch each other
just as postcode boundaries do. You also have parish and local
government boundaries (not unnecessarily shires, can be county
councils), so there is all sorts of boundaries all over the place
touching each other even if they aren't mapped at present on OSM. As
for town boundaries are these even gazetted or are they informal?