[Tagging] outdoor nature bath

Johan Jönsson johan.j at goteborg.cc
Mon Jan 10 06:22:32 GMT 2011

--- Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> skrev:
> 2011/1/10 Johan Jönsson <johan.j at goteborg.cc>:
> >
> > My thoughts have been on a physical tag like leisure=bathing_area,
> > leisure=public_bath or just simply leisure=bath. The later one would
> be a tag
> > for all kind of bathing facilities, both outdoor and indoor. Maybe the
> noun
> > "bath" isn´t a good one, it might imply some kind of building or
> pool.
>
> How about leisure=swimming? IMHO the word "bathe" is rarely used these
> days, and is confused as noted above. Yes, there will be a confusion
> between leisure=swimming and sport=swimming, but at least it will be
> an obvious one that we can easily document and explain.
>
> Steve

leisure=swimming
I suppose that swimming in this use also is synonymous with taking a swim,
taking a dip.
In most uses of the tag it could also mean bathing (that is bathe, the wading,
floating and splashing experience), it could be a place also for those that
can´t swim too.
But not directly "taking a bath" (with soap and shampoo), although there might
be showers and soap-and-water-baths around too, that might have its own amenity-tag.