[Tagging] Karting...

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 10 19:46:44 GMT 2011

Am 10.01.2011 12:28, schrieb John Smith:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Map_Features:sport&diff=prev&oldid=583789
>
> I'd be more inclined to use the English and shorten it to just sport=cart

Some time ago, I had a look at how sport=motor is actually used. By
looking at the names in the OSM planet, I found some quite often
existing stuff (motocross, karting, ...) as a name like: "Kartarena
Bottrop" was tagged with the generic sport=motor and the name suggests
to be a karting arena.

So I looked at how often sport=xy alternatives for e.g. karting appeared
in tagwatch (taginfo, osmdoc, ...?). sport=karting was most often used
and easy to remember (no underscore), so I've added it to the JOSM
presets and mappaint display.

You'll find this and some other formerly sport=motor things in the JOSM
presets under: sport/motorsport/...

Regards, ULFL

P.S: I don't tend to change this in JOSM ;-)