[Tagging] RFC: historic:civilization and historic:period Re: new key civilization

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 16:23:21 GMT 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 4:40 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> 2011/1/12  <john at jfeldredge.com>:
>
> I made a starting page. I also added some initial values for
> historic:period to the page, but there is still space for more detail,
> e.g. historic:era to put the name of a regent/despot or what the
> classification is. I would like to have the page in the end quite
> detailed, including years (if possible) and so on.

Am I the only one who is thinking that such information are better placed in
Wikipedia than in OSM ? Or many of this list readers decided to lazily shut
their mouth because they hope  that such tags will never become popular ?
What is the next proposal : a tag for the name of the captain of the viking
boats who invaded England during first millenium ? A subtag for the weight
and length of the king Arthur's sword ?

Pieren